Joan & Dick Stroud Memorial Lectures
Held in memory of Joan and Dick Stroud, co-founders of the Stroud™ Water Research Center, this lecture series allows us to share with our friends and the general public a special evening with speakers who will both enlighten and entertain — sharing their research and their perspectives on subjects from watershed ecology to conservation and more.
Upcoming lectures will be posted on our Calendar of Events as scheduled.
Previous Stroud Memorial Lecturers
- Jeff Orlowski, filmmaker, photographer, director/producer of the award-winning film, Chasing Ice.
- Wade Davis, Anthropologist, botanist, filmmaker, photographer, author and National Geographic Explorer in Residence.
- Subhankar Banerjee, Artist, educator, activist, author of several books, including Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: Seasons of Life and Land.
- Mayra Bonilla, Outdoor photographer, founder Audiovise S.A., Costa Rica
- Rita Colwell, Director, National Science Foundation
- Dr. Michael Dombeck, Former Chief of the US Forest Service, Pioneer Professor of Global Environmental Management University of Wisconsin
- James A. Duke, Ethnobotanist, Director, Duke’s Herbal Vineyard, Inc.
- Scott Faber, Farm Policy Campaign Director for Environmental Defense
- Daniel Janzen, Professor of Biology, University of Pennsylvania
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Chairman, Riverkeeper Alliance
- Gene Likens, Director, Institute for Ecosystem Studies
- Patrick McCully, Campaigns Director, International Rivers Network
- L.D. McMullen, CEO and General Manager, Des Moines Water Works
- Robert McCracken Peck, Academy Fellow, Curator of Art & Artifacts, Editor, Scientific Publications, Academy of Natural Science
- Sandra Postel, Senior Fellow, Worldwatch Institute
- Robert M. Pyle, Author, Chasing Monarchs: A Migration with the Butterflies of Passage and other nature books
- Peter Raven, Director, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Vincent Resh, Professor, Insect Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- Gus Speth, Dean, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, Yale University
- William Taylor, President, Atlantic Salmon Federation
- Alvaro Ugalde, Chief Environmental Officer of the Foundation for U.S.-Costa Rica Cooperation
- Liz Walker, Co-Founder and Executive Director of EcoVillage at Ithaca (EVI)
- Dr. J. Bruce Wallace, Professor of Entomology and Ecology, University of Georgia
- George Woodwell, Founder and Director, Woods Hole Research Center