Published in UpStream Newsletter, Vol. 2015, Issue
5, August 2015
View on the Web at http://www.stroudcenter.org/newsletters/2015/issue5
Got 30 seconds? Subscribe to UpStream Newsletter and get our news in your inbox!
Studying how massive storms impact water quality downstream
What’s the impact on fresh water when massive storms like Hurricanes Irene and Sandy wash huge amounts of particulate matter downstream? Stroud Water Research Center and the University of Delaware are working to find out.
Summer research program boosts confidence, shapes careers
For nine weeks, 12 undergraduates and four teachers from across the United States embarked on a study of the Critical Zone and immersed themselves in science and research. Find out what they learned and how it affects their futures.
Planting streamside forests may boost resiliency to climate change
Adapting to Pennsylvania’s warmer temperatures proved easy for Québec native, Valérie Ouellet, but the same can’t always be said for our native cold-water fishes. Her research may show us how to improve their odds.
Join us for our fall freshwater events
Do you like moonlit strolls and a nightcap around a bonfire? How about live music and tasting events? Learning about the connection between stewardship and art or viewing compelling documentary films? We’ve got you covered with our fall events!
Stroud Center media mentions
- Residents have their say at Artesian Water meeting, Daily Local News
- Stroud expands environmental awareness with its intern program, Daily Local News
- Natural Selections: Jubilee in the Grove, Montgomery News
- We’re Going Back to School With Citizen Science, SciStarter
- Stroud Water Research Center Sponsors a Variety of Interesting Fall Programs, PA Environment Digest
- Businesses Can Get a Tax Credit for Supporting Environmental Education Programs, PA Environment Digest
- Save the Date: Stroud Uncorked — a Night of Live Music, Libations, Local Restaurants, Kennett Square Dish
A back-to-school stewardship equation
Educational Improvement Tax Credit program = tax credits for Pennsylvania businesses + FREE stream ecology programs for public schools. Learn how the program works for businesses and schools.