❋Hover over slideshow to pause; click on a slide to learn more
- 2014 Stroud Seminar Series Kicks Off on March 12th
- How Many Trees Does It Take to Protect a Stream?
- Low Levels of Fracking Wastewater Highly Toxic to Mayflies
- Susquehanna Bank Makes Generous Donation to Freshwater Education
- NOAA Leaders Kathryn Sullivan and Jane Lubchenco Honored for Achievements in Freshwater Stewardship
Our Focus Is Fresh Water
Who We Are
Since 1967, Stroud™ Water Research Center has been focused on one thing — fresh water. We are dedicated to understanding the ecology of streams, rivers, and their watersheds — both pristine and polluted.
What We Do
The health of freshwater ecosystems is our first line of defense in preserving clean water — and clean water is essential to all life.
Our freshwater research, education, and watershed restoration programs enable businesses, policymakers, landowners, and individuals to make informed decisions that affect water quality and availability around the world.
How You Can Help
Show your commitment to research and education programs that are helping to ensure clean and available water here and around the world — become a Friend of Stroud Water Research Center today.