❋Hover over slideshow to pause; click on a slide to learn more
- Stroud Water Research Center Welcomes Melinda Daniels to Scientific Team
- Tickets on Sale Now for Chasing Ice on Sunday, September 15 at Winterthur
- Moorhead Environmental Complex Is LEED® Certified To the Platinum Level
- Upstream Newsletter: The Latest in Freshwater Science & Education News
- Watershed Restoration Team Joins the Center
- “Your Livable Landscape”: How Landowners Can Create Beautiful Landscapes That Make a Difference
Our Focus Is Fresh Water
Who We Are
Since 1967, Stroud™ Water Research Center has been focused on one thing — fresh water. We are dedicated to understanding the ecology of streams, rivers, and their watersheds — both pristine and polluted.
What We Do
The health of freshwater ecosystems is our first line of defense in preserving clean water — and clean water is essential to all life.
Our research findings, watershed education programs, and outreach events enable businesses, policy-makers, landowners, and community volunteers to make informed decisions that affect water quality and availability.
How You Can Help
Show your commitment to research and education programs that are helping to ensure clean and available water here and around the world — become a Friend of Stroud Water Research Center today.