Stream School Programs
Boots-in-the-water experiences learning real science!
- Visit Stroud™ Water Research Center or we visit your school
- Reduced program costs available
- Content based on teacher’s needs
“The activities were not just introduced, we actually participated as our students would if we were to implement the activities in our classroom.” Owen J. Roberts School District Teacher, PA
Stroud Center’s resources for educators include:
- Student programs, either at the Stroud Center or at your school or field site.
- Educator workshops, including stream field studies, watershed tours, urban watershed programs, and more.
- Curriculum support such as lesson plans, worksheets, scientist interviews, and a macroinvertebrate key.
- Instructions for creating sensors with open-source electronics
Leaf Pack Network®
Also of interest to educators is the Leaf Pack Network, a network of citizens, teachers, and students investigating their local stream ecosystems.
Schools conduct a leaf pack experiment and share their data through the network to shed light on the important connection between streamside forests and the ecology of rivers and streams.
Free or Reduced Cost Stream Ecology Programs
The Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit program allows Stroud Center to offer programs at no or reduced cost for Pennsylvania public school children. Find out more »