❋Hover over slideshow to pause; click on a slide to learn more
- Streamside Forest Buffer Width Needed to Protect Stream Water Quality, Habitat, and Organisms: A Literature Review
- 2013 Annual Report: To the Streams We Go
- Save the date for The Water’s Edge and presentation of the 2014 Stroud Award for Freshwater Excellence
- Under the surface: fracking wastewater proves devastating to mayflies
- Fresh water sources less “fresh” from greater salt use
Our Focus Is Fresh Water
Who We Are
Since 1967, Stroud™ Water Research Center has been focused on one thing — fresh water. We are dedicated to understanding the ecology of streams, rivers, and their watersheds — both pristine and polluted.
What We Do
The health of freshwater ecosystems is our first line of defense in preserving clean water — and clean water is essential to all life.
Our freshwater research, education, and watershed restoration programs enable businesses, policymakers, landowners, and individuals to make informed decisions that affect water quality and availability around the world.
How You Can Help
Show your commitment to research and education programs that are helping to ensure clean and available water here and around the world — become a Friend of Stroud Water Research Center today.